Recipe


While I was making dinner tonight I decided that simple recipes would be great to post on here also :) So here is the recipe for one of my favorite things to eat, Taco Soup. I've never had any complaints from anyone when I made it.

2-3 lbs hamburger (or ground turkey)
2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans
2 cans Light Red Kidney Beans
2 cans Black Beans
2 cans White Corn
3 cans Ro-Tel (I use the generic. You just need diced tomatoes with chiles)
2 packages Ranch Dressing Mix (the powder stuff)
Taco Seasoning (I get one per pound of hamburger)
Shredded Cheese
Tortilla Chips (Fritos work best because they are thicker. We use Fritos Scoops)

First brown your hamburger. While it's browning I usually open up all of my cans and pour them into the post I'm going to be cooking in. I only add one packet of Taco Seasoning to this pot and I keep the other one for the hamburger. This pot goes on medium heat.

When the hamburger is finished browning, drain it and follow the directions on the taco seasoning packet. It may not look like it does when you make tacos at home, this part is just to get a little bit of flavor into the hamburger. After you've reduced it down, add the meat to the pot with your beans, corn, and seasonings.

If you started the mixture cooking when you first started browning the hamburger it should be semi boiling by now. After you add the hamburger you really only need to cook it for a little while, just long enough for the flavors to blend into each other.

Crunch some Fritos up into the bottom of a bowl. Add shredded cheese on top, and then spoon your Taco Soup over it. You can do it however you want. Use a lot of juice or a little. It's all about preference from this point :)
I always keep the bag of chips at the table so you can use them to dip into the bowl and then when I get to the cheese and chips I just eat them with a spoon or fork.

It's a really easy and delicious dinner. This makes a LOT. When I'm just cooking dinner for my boyfriend and I, I always cut the recipe in half and it's enough for us both to have a couple of servings with leftovers.

Try it and let me know what you think!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: