Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Kerating Therapy

Today while I was wandering around Meijer I found Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy (OBKT for my sanity) in the hair product aisle. I've been reading about Brazilian treatments but I didn't know of any salons in this area that did them, I wasn't sure I would be able to afford them and then the formaldehyde scandal hit and I decided NO WAY.

According to the packaging OBKT 30 day smoothing treatment is "An exclusive, high potency, keratin complex which reduces up to 95% of curl and eliminates frizz by penetrating the cuticle with keratin proteins." The OBKT box also says that it is certified formaldehyde free, so I'm going to give it a go.

It looks like a simple but long process. First you shampoo with the included shampoo (I'm thinking it's a clarifying shampoo. It says if you have very curly hair to shampoo twice with it). Do NOT condition afterward as it can prevent the product from penetrating the cuticle. Now you apply the product to two inch sections, avoiding the scalp and not over saturating the strands. And then you wait. 30 minutes of waiting. The instructions say your hair should be about 80% dry by this time but my hair holds water like crazy. It's not unheard of for it to stay wet for hours. Don't rinse the product out, just go ahead and blow dry your hair (use a brush, not just your hands) until completely dry and as straight as you can get it. Turn your flat iron on so it can be heating up.

You want your flat iron at high heat (400+). OBKT says it has ingredients to protect your hair from being scorched by such a high heat.

Leave the product in your hair for 48 hours. No ponytails, no clips. Don't tuck it behind your ears or do anything that might put a kink in it. This is going to be the hard part for me because I hate my hair in my face! I guess it's good that it's supposed to be pretty stormy this weekend so I most likely won't be going anywhere.

I have some pictures that I will post from a couple of weeks ago when I took some pictures of my hair after I had let it air dry without putting anything in it so you can see how curly/frizzy my hair was.


I guess we'll see how it goes! I'm pretty sure I've done worse to my hair :)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: